- Exploring local areas of local interest and history: To replace boards (QR code could send you to google map of exactly where you are, more information that wouldn’t find onto a board, options for different languages, etc).
- Planning applications: Lamppost outside house, take a picture and it takes you to the planning application online that you could then read at home.
- Church/community information board, bus stops: Not sure where you are, QR code would include geographical information of where you are and just ask where you want to go.
- Library books: Replace barcode with QR code which would then take you a website where you can find out when the book is due back, which library it is from, where you can buy the book online, etc.
- Blind and visually impaired: More here
A special thank you to a picture of an idea from http://transformedbyyou.uservoice.com and a picture from Chris Orton of the tiny_id diagram.